Monday, August 8, 2011

27 Pounds

You guys probably figured it out already, but I am not skinny *gasp*.I've always been big, and I've gone up and down on the scale throughout my adult life. I once dropped almost 40 pounds working out all winter and eating right with BFF only to gain 50 back in half the time it took to lose it all.

About 2 or 3 months ago, got back on the wagon and started doing my own min-version of weight watchers. I took a friend's booklet, calculated the correct amount of points I should be eating according to my weight, and went to work.Exercise was difficult to squeeze in with a full course load and a full time job (plus Trini), but somehow I made it work and dropped 27 pounds. I have to admit, I don't really count points anymore like I should, but in my head, I stick to a daily routine as often as possible that goes something like this:

Breakfast: Shredded Wheat or Bran flakes topped with a small banana & skim milk

AM Snack: 1oz reduced fat cheddar cheese sometimes with a few Triscuit crackers

Lunch: No/ Low carbs. I make a taco type dish (ground turkey, veggies, black beans) or some type of     veggie soup and eat that at work. I also bring fresh fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes)

PM Snack: Almonds or a few peanuts

Dinner: No/Low carbs. Sometimes I will have a salad or a few slices of turkey or chicken with some random veggie on the side. 

*****This works for me because I eat enough during the day so that I'm not hungry at night. Sometimes I just have some fruit and call it a night.

Sticking to a regular grocery shopping schedule helps A LOT (I go on Sundays when produce is fresh) and I prepare everything at home if I can. I cut up all my fruit on Sundays, cook one or two main meals to get me through lunch for the week, and buy bags of salad to keep in the fridge. Oh, and I no longer drink soda or juice. Mostly water and diet green tea. 

This is a sample lunch for me. My taco stuff (lol I will find a name for it) with some fruit. Water isn't pictured but it's there :)



I'm heading to a friend's happy hour/ b-day thing tonight so hopefully I won't undo my entire day.

-Sade

No comments:

Post a Comment