Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!! (Almost)

It's that time of year again. Summer is winding down and my birthday is right around the corner. Even with all the breakup stuff going on and not knowing where things stand with Trini, I'm looking forward to celebrating with friends, dancing to some good reggae and soca tunes, and drinking until I can't feel my face :D BFF's b-day is the week before mine, so this year we are having joint parties. Yay! We plan to kick things off on Thursday night with drinks and hookah at my favorite spot in the Village.  Friday and Saturday are TBD, but we are having a planning session this weekend. Hopefully we can agree on something that will suit both of our tastes.

My pre-birthday excitement came to a screeching halt when I realized that I have to return to grad school in 2 weeks. Boo!!! I really don't feel like being back in school and I damn sure don't feel like dealing with homework on my birthday. I'll have to buckle down and make sure all my work is done early that week. 

I haven't made a B-day wish list in a really long time but here goes. For my birthday I'd like:

<=To go back to the good times with Trini *sigh*

AND
      <= a fabulous tote to carry my textbooks  

I have lusted after this classic bag for sooo long. I have a few medium sized bags but they don't work on the days when I have class. I need one large bag to throw everything into. I've always wanted one but never had the guts to make the purchase. This year I am really considering it. After all, it is my birthday right? Both of these things would make for the best birthday ever!!!!

In diet news, I am going extra hard on my workout and eating plan so I can get my energy up for the fall. It's the busiest time of year at the office and I'll be taking the hardest courses in my program this semester. I really need to be at my best. I also need to look good in my birthday dresses lol. The picks are a cute belted black dress and a leopard print one. I can't be jiggling all over the place in either dress and I'd like to be satisfied with how I look in the pictures for once. It's crunch time and the hard work is just beginning!

-Sade





No comments:

Post a Comment