Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A First Time for Everything

I made it through my first earthquake! Wow. The entire thing only lasted about 10 seconds, but it was very freaky. 

I was sitting at my desk and everything started moving. Not a fast shake like on TV, but a slow swaying and rocking. At first I thought I was having a dizzy spell because I hadn't eaten but then I realized what was happening. BBM and the twitterverse went CRAZY. My brother called me from his office on Wall Street- they felt it too. His building was evacuated but mine wasn't. Boo!

Trini texted me to see if I was okay. Am I wrong for feeling like that was a big deal? We hung out Sunday afternoon but things are far from back to normal. We don't talk as much as we used to and sometimes I feel like he doesn't care as much.  I told him I appreciated him checking on me. 

This morning was hectic but I managed to make a quick salad and pack some black grapes for a snack. I've been feeling a little dehydrated lately so I need to up my water intake. I'm working on my 3rd refill of a Poland Springs bottle now...


No comments:

Post a Comment